The Electronics Technician at THOR AV is responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing audio and video products. This is a part-time position physically based in our Brooklyn Park, MN facility.
Division: Audio / Video
Type: Hourly DOQ
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
About THOR AV:
THOR AV is a well-established, fast-growing technology company in Minneapolis serving AVL integrators by designing, engineering and manufacturing high-performance components for entertainment applications. THOR LED walls are designed to provide a canvas for your creative expression.
We are seeking people who are passionate, collaborative, action-oriented problem solvers and lifelong learners.
Responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting and solder repair for audio and video products. The Electronics Technician supports our production technicians, is part of the operations team and is accountable to the Operations Manager.
- Perform various types of soldering including surface mount, thru-hole, and hand-soldering components, including fine LED pixel pitch and ICs (integrated circuits).
- Gather components needed from inventory or by sourcing through vendors.
- Basic operation of network analyzers, continuity testers, and other test equipment.
- Use of precise measurement tools such as multimeter and record measurements.
- Perform hand assembly operations using hand tools and heat guns.
- Perform rework, repair, and adjustment operations as required on LED modules, power data boxes, chassis, cables, and other parts.
- Inspect and test visual and functional performance of thru-hole components.
- Trim, clip, tin wires and leads.
- Document repair information into spreadsheets and other electronic documents and databases.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area according to established 5S standards.
- Knowledge of soldering process and techniques.
- Basic computer skills (used to log time, retrieve documents, and enter data).
- Excellent tactile proficiency with small components.
- Ability to understand assembly drawings, simple math, and tolerances.
- Ability to maintain consistently high quality while performing repetitive operations.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to work closely with production technicians and engineering to determine
- manufacturability and consistency of newly introduced products or samples.
- Ability to clearly distinguish colors as established by the Ishihara color blindness test.
- Must be quality conscious.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, diplomacy skills with diverse groups of people
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including Apple and Microsoft based applications
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. on a regular basis
The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
THOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.